Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
Following the Supreme Court’s landmark ruling on the Mental Capacity Act in 2013, many local authorities have seen a massive rise in Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) cases.
ICS Assessment Services is a market leader in the provision of Deprivation of Liberty and Safeguarding (DoLS) services; in 2016 to date we have completed over 3,200 best interest assessments, with an average acceptance upon first submission of 95.8%.
Our tailor-made services offer:
- Screening of cases
- Completion of Best Interest Assessments (BIAs) and Mental Health Assessments (MHAs)
- Full Quality Assurance (QA) and you only pay when you are happy
- Partial completion of Form 5
- Legacy reporting and shadowing of our own BIAs to help with the development of internal services and future sustainability
Utilising managed services - the benefits:
- An experienced team who have delivered thousands of assessments - this includes two internally employed DoLS Leads who oversee Quality Assurance
- A robust selection process for all our assessors which includes reviewing anonymised assessments and ongoing auditing of cases with Relevant Person Representatives
- Ongoing development and supervision of assessors through learning and development forums, development of best practice guidance which reflects legislative changes and training videos
What our clients say
“We approached ICS Assessment Services on the enthusiastic recommendation of a service manager in the council, with a budget in mind to clear a backlog of best interests assessments. However, on the strength and comprehensiveness of their proposal, we requested they take on a larger batch and increased the budget, confident that they could deliver their objectives in a thorough manner and adhere to agreed timescales.
“What we appreciated about the solutions they provided was that they were specifically tailored to us. Their representatives spent a number of weeks with the council building up their knowledge of our services and putting in the groundwork for the exceptional level of consultation they provided.
“ICS Assessment Services consistently provided weekly management reports updating us on their progress, which was invaluable from a strategic perspective. Throughout the course of the project, their DoLS Lead Elly Davies was always available to resolve any issues and concerns that arose, fostering a strong working relationship to ensure the best possible outcomes. The guidance she provided using her excellent knowledge of the field was truly appreciated by us all.”
“I would wholeheartedly recommend ICS Assessment Services to any Council looking to clear an assessment backlog
or procure social work services on a managed outcome service.”
Warwickshire County Council, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguarding Lead