Referral and assessments
We are the largest commissioned provider of managed social work services in the UK, completing over 12,000 assessments in the last three years. We handle referrals from MASH, completing Section section 47 enquiries, producing Child Protection/Children In Need Plans and dealing with the new initial court work when necessary.
ICS Assessment Services provide a more cost-effective solution to dealing with influxes of demand at the front door. We deliver an external, fully-managed Assessment Service to support Council with dealing with front-line interventions over anything from 13 weeks to 18 months.
Our tailor-made services offer:
- Diagnostic work (looking at trends, themes and patterns which may emerge)
- Enhanced, multi-agency working to ensure cases are progressed in a timely manner
- Creating SMART Plans for children, young people and their families
- A hand-picked team of skilled children's social workers to progress cases throughout the lifetime of our intervention
- A dedicated Project Lead and Account Manager to provide advice and guidance on managing referrals and cases
Utilising Managed Referral & Assessment Services - the Benefits:
All of our projects are aimed at reducing internal workloads in your social work departments, ensuring that we work effectively with all agencies whilst holding all professionals to account in the promotion of individual's needs and priorities. Our interventions lead to significantly reduced social worker caseloads, and we have worked with clients to reduce workloads by up to 50% across internal Council teams.
In addition, our services offer the following benefits:
- Undertaking backlogs of assessments and work on a cyclical duty model
- Management oversight of all allocations to social workers with
- clearly defined caseloads
- Management oversight throughput the child's journey, evidenced on the child's record
- Identify clear transfer points in partnership with the Local Authority to ensure timely throughput
- A consistent social worker to implement the intervention and progress each case
- Met 95% of all completed cases within timescales
- Increased number of cases stepped down to Early Help
- Increased throughput of cases (in previous projects by up to 40%)
- Feedback and cascade of learning back to social work teams through Service Development and management meetings
- Weekly Performance Reporting including case turnaround, RAG Assessment bandings and contributing towards internal Council key performance metrics (KPIs)